In This Issue… Preparing Your Home for Outdoor Living and Entertaining
During the winter months, it’s easy for your outdoor space to slip to the back of your mind. But temperatures are rising, and now is the perfect time to start addressing this area of your home. Whether your summer months entail a backyard BBQ or a fun family game day, you’ll want to create an inviting outdoor space. Use these tips to transform your backyard into one that is ready for living and entertaining this summer!
01 Think about the purpose of your outdoor space.
– Will you host dinner parties or BBQs?
– How many guests do you typically entertain?
– Are you looking for a quiet space to relax and unwind?
– Does your space need to be kid or pet-friendly?
– Do you need a shaded area to escape to?
02 Pick the tips to create the space you need.
– Clear your patios and decking from fallen leaves and debris
– Pressure wash your patio and deck
– Wipe the winter off your outdoor furniture
– Check your deck for chipped paint, cracks, and weather damage
– Bring in some greenery to add life to the area
– Check your grill and grilling accessories, and give them a good clean
– Set up a dining area to enjoy your summer meals
– Have entertainment options on hand, such as games or a TV
– Add mood lighting and a fire pit to unwind at night
– Buy an umbrella to create a shady spot to avoid the sun
– Set up insect repellents to prevent getting bit at night
– Check on your lawn mower and refill your gas or oil
May 13: Farmers Market at Portland State University – The market is open rain or shine on Saturdays in the South Park Blocks. View over 100 local vendors offering fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods and much more! The market is free to attend and is open from 8:30 AM – 2 PM.
Location: South Park Blocks, 1803 SW Park Ave. Portland, OR 97201
May 21: PDX Urban Wine Experience – Celebrate Oregon Wine Month with 17 PDX Wineries pouring 42 wines all in one location, and you’ll enjoy cheese and charcuterie by ABC Charcuterie. The event is from 2-5 PM, tickets are $60, and a portion of each ticket is donated to Portland Backpack.
Location: Easton Broad, 237 NE Broadway Portland, OR 97232
May 26: Rose Festival Opening Night – Celebrate the start of the Rose Festival at opening night with fireworks! The ribbon cutting will take place at 5 PM and the firework display choreographed to music begins at 9:50 PM. The festival itself goes until June 11th!
Location: Tom McCall Waterfront Park, 98 SW Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97204
Beautifully Updated Hillsboro Home With Serene Nature Views
4586 SE Rosebud Way Hillsboro, OR 97123
3 Bed | 2 Full 1 Half Bath | 2,239 SqFt. | $560,000