Move Out Checklist
The Tienken Difference
With over 39 years of experience, our team has established an action plan that works. We tailor our expertise to each listing to target the right buyer, and get your home sold! Let our proven team at Tienken and Associates list your home.
Contact us today, or view our proven action plan below ↓
We can accommodate Spanish speakers. Se habla español.
- Remove all personal property unless included in the sale.
- All window coverings/curtain rods stay unless specifically excluded in the contract.
- Ring doorbell (or similar), alarm systems (including DIY systems such as SimpliSafe), and smart thermostats stay with the home unless specifically excluded in the contract.
- Any smart device account should be disconnected prior to closing.
- Remove all extra paint cans unless buyer has specifically asked for them to be left.
- Remove any extra construction material (flooring, tiles, etc.) unless buyer has specifically asked for them to be left.
- Wall mounted knife racks, wine racks, and any wall mounted appliance racks/brackets stay with the home unless specifically excluded in the contract.
- TV wall mounts stay with the home unless specifically excluded in the contract.
- Remove any cable boxes for TVs.
- Any speakers mounted to the wall stay with the home unless specifically excluded in the contract.
- Central vacuum equipment stays with the home.
- Work benches and any storage cabinets in the garage that are attached to the wall stay with the home unless specifically excluded in the contract.
- Check attic for personal items and remove.
- Clean out anything in your garden/storage shed.
- Any pots in the yard are not included in the sale unless specified in the contract.
- Lawn should be mowed during the spring, summer, and fall if it has been more than two weeks since last mowing (guideline).
- House should be left clean. Vacuum floors, wipe counters, clean out drawers of any stuff, clean oven, refrigerator, and cooktop, clean showers, tubs and toilets. Home does not have to be professionally cleaned unless agreed to in the contract.
- Sweep garage upon vacating.
- All trash is to be removed and in the trash can, or hauled off. The seller pays for final pick up of trash.
- Order all utilities off as of move out day.
- Contact your homeowner’s insurance agent to schedule your policy to be cancelled at closing.
- Leave any appliance manuals, warranties, etc. on the kitchen counter for the new owners.
- Leave extra house keys, front door keypad code, mailbox keys, fobs, garage remotes and garage door code on the kitchen counter.
- We leave the lockbox on until the buyer’s possession date, the buyer’s agent will access the lockbox to transfer the key to the new owner.
Note: Anything that is attached other than decor such as pictures and photos on the walls should stay with the home. If you have a question on anything please give us a call or email for clarification. The items listed here are a guide and are common issues we have seen in the transactions we have handled for both buyers and sellers. We want to eliminate problems and headaches for you after the sale.